Sweet Father

So, I have to share something that God keeps bringing to mind. It is a very personal moment that I cherish over and over. My husband, so very wonderful, recently had a vasectomy reversal. This has been an very hard decision for him to come to. He lost a daughter 4 years ago and the pain that a baby stirred in him is often unbearable.
So, along those lines of thought.... We were so very fortunate that God led us to this awesome Christian doctor that performs these reversals as a ministry to families. He performs them in his office and the wife (that's me!) gets to sit at her husband's head and comfort him throughout. Right before he began the procedure, the doctor prayed over us. As he finished the prayer, he ended with "Come quickly, father."
It was the sweetest, most incredible moment right there in that room. Holding Steve's hand at his most unselfish moment. The future unknown but certain.

The possibility of a baby coming to us quickly.... the Christian standpoint of sweet Jesus coming back for our souls.... but, the sweetness that stays with me ,as I journey through this life, is how often he comes to us in our need, in our pain, our longing. He provides the strength to hold on, the courage to go farther and longer. The joy to love, even when we have lost. The freedom to forgive. He comes quickly whenever we call.

Revelation 22:20 (New American Standard Bible)
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly " Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen, sweet sister, amen!
sparkled*life said…
I have been praying for you my friend! Baby in Jesus name!!

I have a surprise for you on my blog :D

Popular Posts