Guard with Purpose...or else!


Read the following below that I found on abible.com. They are the varied and many ways that God is insuring us. Providing a policy on our daily earthly mindset-- suffering or jubilee. I know that I have written about this before, capturing every thought. It is the same as guarding your heart, though the capture speaks to less vigilance, I think. Or just a different form of play, perhaps the capture is offensive, while the guarding is DEFENSIVE! We must continue to protect the glorious love that God has given us, the peace that passes all understanding. If you put down your guard, you will give up your peace my friend.

I have been looking back over a very painful Beth Moore study (When Godly People Do Ungodly Things). The title alone is tough and I think most of us say, nuh-uh, not me! Such a painful study that I just dropped it right in the middle one day - just stopped doing it- knowingly, yet at the same time denied that it was what I was doing. Crazy, right?! :) I have studied other things since then, but almost been haunted by this one.

The peace I have lost as I allowed thoughts to penetrate and eventually just run right over my guard- the ones I quit capturing- have become too painful and I must, once again, muster up my strength, wait - I must allow my beautiful Father to strengthen me. I don't know about you, but I am still trying to do it all myself! Can anybody relate? :)

So, what are these thoughts you ask, what is so bad, what has she done? Well, what are your thoughts, what beats your guard down? Guilt from being a parent, not calling your grandparents enough, fear of finances, lack of tithing (those two are always hand in hand it seems!) don't read your bible daily, is it pain- someone's death, work too much or not enough, worried about other people and what they are doing or who they are doing it with or really big: maybe God answered a prayer and you don't feel ready for it. The list is long of what can occupy our mind if we let it!


I mentioned earlier that I had written about this before, except now I seem to be on the "not doing a great job at it" category and so I deem this my struggle (currently!). So, now I encourage you to take a look at the scriptures below and apply it to whatever season you are in. If it is a struggling season, can you think back to how it started, what happened that you obsessed over and let it permeate your thoughts and your day and your mood? Whether it was very small or something tragic, where have you allowed it to take you? Have you allowed Satan to seduce you into something that you can no longer breathe in? It is time to come up for air.

I think the last verse is my favorite in an ironic kind of way. I am extremely passionate and emotional. It is something that I would not trade and my husbands favorite (though sometimes tough) thing about me. BUT, it can be my stumble, my fall. I want the course of my life to be determined by Him and Him alone, sweet Jesus, the lover of all, the healer, the Holy One. I pray He blesses you in this day, this hour, this season.


Proverbs 4:23: What You Plant And Grow In Your Mind Determines
Your Destiny.
Prov 4:23 (KJV) Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of
it are the issues of life.
Prov 4:23 (NIV) Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the
wellspring of life.
Prov 4:23 (TEV) Be careful how you think; your life is shaped
by your thoughts.
Proverbs 4:23 (NLT) Above all else, guard your heart, for it
affects everything you do.
Proverbs 4:23 (AMP) Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance
and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of
life.
Prov 4:23 (CWR) Above everything else, guard the affections of
your heart; the emotional attachments you make determine the course
of your life.
The stick figures above should serve as a reminder to always use Christ as your filter for what you take in... through other people or at all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is the "what". The part that stumps is the "how".

Popular Posts