Rising up with Purpose!

Oh my, I think I might be overwhelmed. I want to be clear upfront that I am thankful for how faithful God really is- even when it hurts so bad! Change can be painful, reflection of yourself can be painful.
I was talking with a new friend the other day and I made the comment that I analyze everything, flip it in and around in my mind and wonder why I do or say the things I do. Why others do and say the things that they do. She asked me "why?" And, I thought, "because I want to know what it is about myself, and others, that makes us react to people in certain situations and how -for me- I can improve on that." I look at people that are always caught up in the same crazy, unhealthy, emotionally draining behavior and don't want to be that person. I want to change, I want to react differently. But, that means I have to allow God to work within me. To reveal to me what I am just down wallowing in, what desires of the flesh I continue to engage in. Whether it be control, materialism, anger, pity...
You see this whole past week has just been incredible to me. God revealed to me (yes, just for me!) in a scripture last Saturday what I have been needing for a long time.
In the past some of you were like that, but you were washed clean. You were made holy, and you were made right with God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinithians 6:11
Now, he didn't just wash me clean last Saturday. He did that the moment I asked him to forgive me - But, I have not been listening all along, I just have not been walking in it!
I really cannot convey the freedom and joy that came over me in that moment and all week long as I have reflected on that passage. That is my heart's desire for all who read this page- that God will speak freedom into your life and that you will begin to walk in it. Because, you see, that is what he revealed to me just a little bit after I got that scripture. I have been bathed in His holiness, I have been annointed by Him.......... I just have to pick up my mat and walk in it.
(Jesus speaking)"Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, "Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'?" Mark 2:9
Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have , but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Acts 4:6
"Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and take care of your mat." Immediately Aeneas got up. Acts 9:34

So, as I've been walking in His healing and freedom this week, He has been revealing to me other areas that I continue to stay on my mat about. I keep allowing myself to live in the condemnation of things past. Just really wallowing around in it. Instead of staying in His ever flowing water, I keep jumping out onto the bank and flopping around! This is really painful and as I encounter people and situations and want to react differently or better- more like Jesus would- I get frustrated. I want to be peaceful, calm and loving. But, ooh Satan is bringing up feelings of defeat and frustration. The closer I get to this freedom, this peacefulness, the more Satan trys to stir me up. I want to attain this:
You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on you, because they trust you. Isaiah 26:3
Oh, sweet Jesus, ABBA Father, how I want that peace. And how defeated do I feel when I can't control my own anger and emotions and attain it?
I came across a scripture this morning that I just love, because like many (scriptures) it gives understanding and wisdom and confirmation to what I am experiencing. It lends promise to the peace that I seek.
~~~Ok, so hang on tight, because this is deep and tough.~~~
So I find this law at work. When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For my inner being I delight in God's law, but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making a me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. Romans 7: 21-23
Whoa, isn't that defeating sounding. It is like "Arrrgggh, stop this madness inside of me!" Right?
It even says next: What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? vs.24
Man, have there been some moments of wretchedness this week, in this life.... Am I speaking to anybody here? Where do you feel wretched? Where are you wallowing, flopping? Okay, now wait because the next verse lays it out and brings the hope.
Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! vs. 25 (new Chapter)Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free (!!!!) from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2
Friends, do not despair, do not frustrate. Rise up and walk. Take your mat and go to wherever He is calling you. Physically stand up and shake it off, right now and walk out of that.
Because I need to share with you the thing He revealed to me before the thing he revealed to me. The thing before the thing!! Okay, I just like the way that sounds..sorry.haha. But, it's true, the first scripture he brought to my mind was "I am allowed to do all things," but not all things are good for me to do. "I am allowed to do all things, but I will not let anything make me its slave." 1 Corinthains 6:12
That scripture follows the one were He made me see that He had washed me clean. Isn't that just beautiful and glorious? HE washes us clean, makes us holy
and right with Him! And, then we are allowed to do all things, but can choose to be a slave to none of it!
slave (slAv) n. 1. One bound in servitude as an instrument of labor. 2. One who is submissive to a specified influence. 3. A person who works extremely hard.
No thanks! I dont want to work extremely hard just to be bound. I want to be free, I crave that peace. The paralytic was not free- he was bound, no walking, no nothing. Don't be paralyzed- fight for your freedom. Rise up and walk in His love, His glory, His authority today!
I am not overwhelmed anymore, I am overjoyed!

PS I don't know about you, but I am addicted to all that He has in store for me.
Amen!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Carrie, this is awesome!!! Thanks for the enlightening. Martie
Anonymous said…
Oh my sweet friend!! That was wonderful!

Popular Posts