Refueling for a Purpose

I sat at a country roadside gas station this morning. You can fill your tank, get a cup of coffee, buy livestock feed with minerals, get milk or bread or just sit a while and visit with your neighbors. As I watched, cars and trucks pull up, pull in, people get out, go in, come out, drive away- I thought how we are like that with God. God is like this huge all encompassing, everything- you-need convenience store. Stop and Go, Super Handy, EZ Mart. HE is all, everything, BUT how often do we treat him like he is there for when we need to refuel ourselves? Like He is there only for OUR convenience... Just dip in and then hurry off in our own agenda, our own waywardness.
My bible fell open to Hosea 14:4. "I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.
Oh glorious day! He loves us freely- even when we're being wayward!
I think we feel like he won't love us, I think we don't "GET" His mighty love. Remember, HE IS Love. Love is not something he does when he is pleased or happy with us or done being mad, like a friend or family member. HE just always does. HE is always waiting on you to pull up, get out, go in to Him ..... and then stay for a while. Sit and drink your coffee with Him. Visit with Him, need Him, long for Him. Then, I can promise, you won't be pleading with yourself to make it just a little farther to the station ahead....
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. 1 John 4:16
Don't let Him be convenient, let Him be your purpose, let Him really LIVE in you!

Comments

Popular Posts