Fighting for a Purpose

I have a young friend who is experiencing a major trial in his life. His friends have turned their backs on him and are just tearing him down on a daily basis at school. It has become unbearable for this young man. A stand-up kid, full of character, strong, yet beginning to allow the defeat to consume him. I am reminded of my own feelings of defeat when this world is coming at you full throttle. I happened upon Psalm 69 this morning and am always wonderfully amazed and comforted to find in His word, where others have gone before us in struggle.
Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God. Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs on my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal. vs. 1-4
How often have we all felt that way, that it is too much, that everyone is against us, that the deck is stacked. It is too unbearable to go on. We must seek Him in these moments, in these seasons. He is begging us to call out to Him. I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me. Save me, O Lord from lying lips and deceitful tongues! Psalm 120:1-2 Oh yes!!! Father save us from the gods of this world and the people that satan inhabits.
God has shown me in my own life, recently, that He is prepared to do battle with us. In the story of Elisha against the Arameans, God sends his chariots of fire to swarm around Elisha in his battle. 2 Kings 13-17 Everyday, all day, we are covered with His mighty authority and protection here on this earth! We just have to ask. The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands. Psalm 68:17
I think that we forget to ask, we trust in ourselves and not in our Father. There is not a battle that we can win without Him.
At the same time, He will comfort us during these trials, these battles. ..the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles... 2 Corinthians 1:3
Still we must ask him, seek him. Further in Psalm 69-- But, I pray to you, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation. Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me. Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly for I am in trouble, Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes. vs 13-18
The chariots of God are tens of thousands and thousands of thousands AND He is the Father of compassion and the God of comfort able to give immeasurably more than you or I can even ask for. It is all there in His word, just waiting for you to take hold. Will you?
Just call on His strength, His protection and His grace. Tell Him, "it's time, Father, I need you now". Then, do not seek the retribution that we desire. God will deliver swiftly to those that incur it. Even Elisha asked if he should kill the Arameans after he had them captured. God answered that he should give them food and water so they may eat, drink and return to their master.
After the battle is over, become the peacemaker. You will rest easier here all your days on the earth. Find someone today to stand and do battle for. All this young man needs is one of God's warriors to take a stand with him. To love him here on this earth in his time of trouble. 1 Corinthians 2:3 ..who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. Will you?

Comments

sparkled*life said…
keep on blogging girl you are doing well :D

Popular Posts