Perfect Purpose

Oh great God, what a glorious and beautiful almost Fall morning! Thank you for the beauty that surrounds us everyday.

I was talking with a friend the other day about life and our less than perfect choices we had made. We both felt as though society and the church as a whole had done a number on us over the years. We felt that we had been told that if we did bad things, then we would be bad people. Bad enough that we had no place (or no right, maybe) to serve, to minister, to share what we now know to be true in Christ. As I began to write this, I had the overwhelming sense that it wasn't so much society or church, but satan. Satan will use all those choices to continually lie to you about how unworthy you are - how "BAD" you are.... That is why our church leaders tell us not to make those choices, rather they tell us to seek the Lord's purpose for our lives. Because, of course, if we are seeking HIm then we are less likely to do something stupid(!) and more likely to be full of His wisdom.

I do know that I wasn't ever told that I was bad for making a bad choice, but that is how satan uses us and twists everything for his evil benefit.

Our conversation was ultimately about how we want to convey-- to get across the fact-- to make people understand that God will always show up! God is never going to be too tired or out of town. He is never going to change His mind and decide to be mad after all or share that secret even though you asked it to be held in confidence. He is never too busy or has someone else in His office. He will always arrive, on time, no matter where you are at or what you have done. He will just love you and most of the time bring some people along to show you His mercy and His grace. So, that we who are not perfect here on Earth, will understand just how much He does love us, and it is OK that we aren't perfect.



My absolute awesome realization, as of late, is that He knows my part in His future-- in my future-- here on Earth! 1 Thessalonians 2:11 ...urging you to live lives WORTHY of God, who calls YOU INTO HIS KINGDOM and glory. He has such great things in store for me! I just have to keep seeking Him and being obedient when He speaks or I will miss all the fun and all the freedom.

Comments

Popular Posts